Medical education in our country
1. What are the main objectives of the reform?
The main objectives of the reform are: decentralization of the higher education system, development of the autonomy of higher educational institutions, expansion of academic freedoms of faculties and students, development of new financial mechanism.
2. Will you name the main types of medical institutions, please.
Institutions of medical education include special medical schools or colleges, medical institutes or universities, Institute for Advanced Medical Studies or Academy.
3. Where are paramedical personnel trained?
Paramedical personnel are trained at medical colleges or schools.
4. How long does the course of studies at the university last?
The course of studies at the university lasts for 4-6 years.
5. In what subjects do the students gain more experience in the 6-th year?
During this period the students master the basis of theoretical and practical medicine. They learn pre-clinical (physics, biology, human anatomy etc.) and clinical subjects. They learn to diagnose and treat different diseases and carry out laboratory analyses.